We’re back again already with some big news on the AI front:
The Battle Command AI engine now supports pre-defined plans. This means the scenario designer can define (currently up to 100) possible plans of action with their own groups and paths and scripted orders. The AI will then select one of these plans, follow the given orders and transition to full-AI mode when the plan has run its course.
Here’s how it works:
- The scenario designer or player can define multiple scripting plans in saved AI or non-AI groups ( 00 – 99; up to 100 plans).
- If available, a pre-defined plan is selected randomly by the AI, otherwise the AI will make it’s own plan based on the existing group file.
- If the AI detects pre-saved scripting orders, it will not issue new orders until these orders complete. When the scripting completes, it will take control.
We’re currently taking leaps and bounds on the AI front and I’m happy to announce a new AI version. It should bring the folowing bug fixes and enhancements:
Major bug Fixes:
- Fixed the bug that was causing the middle game to trigger much too late in the game.
Further improvements on the AI responses to enemy contact. These more granular micro-strategies and SOPs are reflected in the AI status window with, among others, the following messages:
- Direct Advance… 50% (50 percent distance toward enemy),
- Direct Attack on Nearby Unit,
- Left Flank Attack,
- Right Flank Attack
Attackers will now also sometimes call for help from nearby group, shown as “Flank Assist Attack” in the AI status window.
Overall we’re coming closer and closer to a fully autonomous simulation AI that acts and reacts intelligently and in accordance with military principles and SOPs!
Of course nothing can entirely replace a human opponent, but we believe our AI will come as close as is realistically possible, something this release already serves to demonstrate.
We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Just a quick update that there’s a new AI version out!
This version adds improvements to the tasking of units, making sure all the units support the main effort in useful and realistic ways.
Most notably however, the AI will now close and attack enemy units more agressively and dynamically. Cover your flanks now because they really come at you!
Beta testers should be receiving a link to the new AI executable soon, please get in touch if you don’t hear from us in the next 48 hours. To anybody else interested in testing out the AI, please let us know directly or post your interest in this thread.