A 3D Tactical Wargame and Simulation Sandbox
It offers the robust realism of a training simulation and the graphical appeal and playability of a commercial wargame.
Players can create their own scenarios and launch multiplayer games with relative ease. Battle Command represents a new approach to distributed simulation design.
Battle Command utilizes ubiquitous fast internet and LAN plus the surplus CPU processing capacity and robust 3D graphics capabilities of today’s computers to create a realistic and engaging simulation experience in a marriage of map-based wargaming and hands-on, ‘in the field’ military command training.
Real Terrain. Actual units. Real time.
3D and 2D Map Based User Interface
Maps in Battle Command are fully three-dimensional. The render engine is very configurable however, so for terrain elevation display can be amplified to accentuate small terrain features the player might want to take advantage of. The interface also features a 2D overview map for quick navigation.
Topographical Line-of-Sight is is calculated based on the actual topographical terrain data and not abstracted to the grid overlay. So in Battle Command, not only can you stand on that hill to recon your kill zone – you should.
This provides a training and simulation experience that is as close to actually being in the field as is possible.
Multiple Players over LAN and Internet
Real Time – in 30 Second Pulses
As deep as you want, as easy as you need
- Detailed but easy to understand Order Tree
- Point-and-click Waypoint System
- Deep right-click Quick-Access Menu
- Group Orders
- Formation Movement
- Daylight and Weather Effects
- IR sights (2G FLIR, NVD, etc.),
- Surface / Air Search Radar
- Smoke, Illumination and more
Weapons Systems and C3:
- Laser Designation and Targeting
- Combat Command and Control
- Player Avatar Settings and Unit Radio Range
Variable Unit Size, powerful modelling capabilities
- Soldiers, Sections, Platoon/Battery Sized Units or larger
- size, capabilities and equipment set by scenario designer
- loading/unloading from other units
- Ammunition and Fuel Resupply
All the Information you need (and more)
Detailed OOB tables, unit status screens, weather and daylight conditions, combat results, and debriefing stats
All the perks of a modern 3D Simulation Engine
- Positional sound effects (movement, weapons, etc.) and TTS speech reports.
- Real-time LOS Overlay
- Granular terrain type mapping
- Aviation replentishes and holds in off-map areas between missions flown over the map
And finally, all the tools and help you need to keep it fresh:
- Map generation and terrain encoding tools are provided.
- Unit Creation is Excel based
- unit design requires very little technical expertise
- virtually no limits to what units can be simulated
- extensive video tutorials on all topics, from unit control to map generation!